skip to my resoLUtions. Badadum TSH!
Ahem. Without further ado, and in no particular order, my 2016 Resolutions.
- Meal plan for all meals for all 60 days of Hammer and Chisel. YIKES. I’ve only got through Friday of the first week done and it starts on Monday. This is gonna be a tough one for me, but the better I get at meal planning the less stressed I am about putting meals on the table for my family. Less stress = less cranky mama.
- Cook an entire chicken. I’ve never done it, I want to, and I want to find ways to freeze and use the leftovers.
- Memorize first three chapters of Ecclesiastes. -I’ve memorized the first and halfway through the second, but it’s rusty. I struggle with scripture memory but I believe it is important.
- Read 10 new books (a big drop from last year’s goal, haha).
- Watch one new movie with Brian in a theater without the boys. (Yes, I’m pretty much asking for a miracle. Dream big.)
- Consistently get out of bed an hour before the boys for me time. I know “all 365 days” this isn’t going to happen because, life, sickness, toddlers-but I want waking before them to be the norm, not the exception.
- Restart and maintain my daily To Do list.
- Nail down a daily/weekly schedule for myself and the boys, including a “meal prep” day.
Tada! That’s a wrap.
But if you want to know how I fared on last years resolutions…eh.
1. Read 30 new books. WOMP WOMP
2. 5 New recipes that are “veggie centric”-can be side dishes or entrees. CHECK!
3. Deliberately exercise every day. I give myself a half check on this, because I exercised daily for about half the year, haha. It came in waves, with weeks of running tapering down to every other day, to once a week, to suddenly an entire month of PiYo. I exercised more than last year, though. So a successful goal failure.
4. Finish a scrapbook! CHECK
5. Memorize 2nd chapter of Ecclesiastes. ...Half check? Quarter check? Ok, WOMP WOMP. I memorized half of it, but then stopped working at it and now I’ve forgotten it and the first chapter is hazy. Sigh.
I’ll be posting how I’m planning to tackle these goals shortly! 🙂